Elements of MTB Tourism
- Sanctioned/authorized and maintained trail system
- Local mountain bike shop/outfitter/club willing to work with the tourism industry
- Qualified mountain bike guides
- Transportation services
- Selection of bike friendly accommodation providers
- Restaurants and entertainment
- Other complementary tourism products and attractions
The MBTA believes that by working together British Columbia can exemplify standards of sustainability in mountain bike tourism that will not only care for natural areas, but also create local opportunities and support community pride.
If your community is interested in mountain bike tourism we recommend the Tourism Business Essentials - Mountain Bike Tourism manual.